There are so many things that must be given emphasis as far as the importance of alternative energy resources is concerned. These are some of them:
- There is a big possibility that the mentality towards the utilization of alternative energy resource will differ and change for the next half-century.
- This said change, like the use of alternative energy, will have a big impact on the so-called car technology.
- The different kinds of alternative energy resources available or those which are being researched about, especially as far as the utilization of cars are concerned.
Needless to say, the alternative energy has always been a big advantage for the simple reason that it can be renewed. Yes, it is renewable! This only shows that we are unlikely to short on supplies of them because they can be earned again. For example, take a good look at solar energy – it is always there because the sun is. The quantity of solar electricity obtained by the earth is greater than that of the human race. That is how it has been.
Now, the big question is – what is the “future car” all about? Well, from the idea itself, a future car is a vehicle which can run with the presence of alternative fuels. Alternative fuels, on the other hand, are not derived from petroleum. There are many kinds of alternative energy resources. These are most of them:
- CNG or Compressed natural gas
- Alcohols like methanol and ethanol
- LNG or Liquefied natural gas
- Electricity which is stored in batteries
- LPG or Liquefied petroleum gas
- Biodiesel which is somehow synonymous with diesel fuel, but the difference is that it is derived from animal fat or plant oil.
- Liquids that are obtained from gasoline and diesel fuel that is not originally from petroleum.
Based on most experts, cars powered by hydrogen will play a vital role in the future. As a matter of fact, they even claim that such will be a relevant mode of transportation in the world. Theoretically speaking, it may be derived from a wide array of sources. The most common is of course – water. It may also be from coal or coal gasification, natural gas or methane and as well as bio-mass or vegetation that includes agricultural waste and wood chips. There is a diverse method so that hydrogen may be extracted from these sources. This is true as far as water is concerned. In order to get hydrogen gas fro water, there is a need to have electrolysis. Such is considered to be the electricity meant for the extraction of molecules from water. This can come from natural gas in which a reforming process is applied. When it comes to biomass or fossil fuels, most subtrates are power-plant fuels. They are used for the generation of both hydrogen and electric power.
In here, understanding the importance is simple – there is still a call for uncontaminated and renewable electric-generation technology. The only problem now is to discover alternative energy solutions that can play as such.…